Codrington Roman Catholic Cemetery
Located in Concession 5 Lot 34 Brighton Township, Old Wooler Road Codrington. In 1884, Bishop Jamot of the Diocese of Peterborough blessed the separate school building at Codrington and dedicated it as a church under the title Queen of the Most Holy Rosary. The next year, Bishop Jamot administered the sacrament of confirmation to seven people in Codrington and blessed the new cemetery at this mission.
Land records show that Miles and Mary Cowan sold on acre of land in lot 34 concessions 5 of Brighton Township to the Diocese in 1884. As late as the 1920's the Ontario death registrations often refer to this burying ground as "Cowan's Cemetery". To day a sign on the fence indicated this cemetery is part of the Parish of St. Alphonsus, Wooler.Codrington Roman Catholic Cemetery