1) Storage: Duffle bag, backpack or large plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
2) Special Needs: medication, copies of prescriptions, eye glasses, contact lens cleaner.
3) Hygiene: Deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, razor, toiletries, hygiene products, wash cloth, towel, hand sanitizer.
4) First Aid Kit: sun tan lotion, rubber/latex gloves.
5) Example Food: trail mix, sports bars, crackers, water, juice, gum, hard candy, plastic cutlery.
6) Clothing: one shirt, lounge clothes for sleeping (track pants), socks, underwear, hat, blanket or sleeping bag.
7) Documents: passport, driver's license, OHIP, insurance, will, picture, phone numbers, extra cash, debit card.
8) Pets: leash and cage, hard food, picture.
9) Equipment: Wind up
radio/light/siren or flashlight / batteries, watch, radio, whistle, map,
candles, knife, deck of cards, books, small games.
For more information pick up a copy of the 72 hour booklet and Brighton's Emergency Preparedness Guide, available at the Municipal Office, Fire Hall & Public Works