Located Concession 5 Lot 30 Brighton Township, Old Wooler Road Codrington. McPhail's Cemetery was established as a family burying ground on land purchased by John McPhail in 1832.
Originally in Murray Township, the 200 Acres of Lot 30 Concession 5 became part of the newly established Brighton Township in 1851.
By 1858, the land records indicate a specific provision for "reservation? of 1/2 acre of burying ground. The cemetery was later enlarged.McPhail's Cemetery